About the job
We’re looking for a customer experience focussed analytics expert to join Hopper as a Voice of Customer (VOC) Analyst to drive data-centric product and operational improvements in collaboration with the Trust & Safety vertical on Hopper’s Customer Service team.
As a VOC Analyst, you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of customer experience focused research, integrating data from multiple quantitative and qualitative data sources using a variety of analytical methods to determine emerging customer experience trends and insights to uncover relevant insights with implications to the business.
You may be a great fit for our team if you’re a curious self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, is passionate about exploring the intersection of real business problems with huge (and often messy) data sets, and motivated by executing effective ways to simplify and focus on practical opportunities to deliver significant value and improvement to Hopper customers. This position is best suited for a self-starter with a bias for action as much of the work will be designed, executed and delivered by this role independently. To be successful, you will have a strong sense of ownership and are comfortable holding others accountable to execution.
• 3+ years of experience in a customer research-focused, data management or related role
• Experience in combining statistically defensible quantitative data with Voice of Customer stories and qualitative data in written form to compel customer experience improvements
• Experience with relational databases and using SQL to pull and analyze data
• Experience with data extraction and visualization tools such as Tableau, Amplitude, Medallia, Qualtrics
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency, thrive in uncertainty and comfortable working with sensitive content
- • Experience with UX and Customer Journey Mapping
- • Familiarity with travel, customer service and/or trust & safety operations
- • Able to create ETL pipelines and/or support engineering in the creation of ETL pipelines
- • A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics or related quantitative discipline
- Analyze structured and unstructured data from sources including customer conversations (emails, chats, phone calls), reviews, surveys and social media
- Derive insights from highly sensitive customer experience data, create and interpret advanced reporting dashboards, translate analysis into prioritized recommendations for Trust & Safety, Legal & Compliance, Customer Service and play a key role in executing recommendations and measuring outcomes from actions taken
- Frame and conduct complex exploratory analyses needed to deepen our understanding of Hopper users and what drives them to attrition and retention
- Have ownership of the full data lifecycle, including partnering with product, engineering and operations teams to create advanced dashboards for tracking emerging trends using Amplitude, Tableau, Medallia and BigQuery/Google Sheets
- Support back end tuning and refinement of sentiment scoring, text models and exception rules
- Identify customer experience “moments that matter” scenarios and friction points
- Remain current on best-in-class customer experience best practices
- Support data governance of VOC reporting platform(s)
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- An entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!