Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
As a Travel Support Agent at Hopper, you are the face of the company. You have a passion for the travel industry, enjoy working with people, and are a natural problem-solver. We want people who genuinely love going above and beyond to keep customers loyal and happy. Our goal is to become the best travel company in the industry, and a big part of that is providing the absolute best customer support to our users. Our agents are smart, empathetic, kind and curious. This job is not easy, and we need employees who can learn and quickly understand both tools for managing flights as well as how the Hopper app works, to provide a hybrid of tech and travel agent support.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate directly with Hopper customers via phone and email. No scripts, human conversation only.
- Constantly prioritize and re-prioritize a high volume of incoming requests
- Work out of multiple global distribution systems (GDSs) and a variety of internal tools and systems to help Hopper users pre- and post-booking
- Provide an exceptional level of customer support to all users who reach out
A perfect candidate has:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English; bilingual proficiency in Spanish, French or Portuguese is a plus
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand, meet, and exceed customer needs
- Good computer skills and an ability to learn quickly and absorb a high volume of new information on a daily basis
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions
- Resilient attitude, ability to stay on your toes and move with any changes that Hopper as a scrappy, startup environment needs to make
- Previous experience working remotely
- Availability to work both weekdays and weekends on the following shift; 10:30 PM until 6:30 AM EST (7:30PM until 3:30 PT)
- Ability to start early February and to attend our 4 weeks training in-house in our Montreal office
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!