About The Role
Hopper’s foundation team is at the core of all flight shopping and booking experiences, for consumers but also for our B2B partners. Our team develops a fast, reliable, scalable, and extensible platform on which our customers can rely to search, shop, and book their dream trips.
We’re currently seeking a strong product manager with deep technical expertise to champion product development for all of our core infrastructure.
On any given day - whether you’re defining KPIs, designing APIs, weighing the cost-benefit of refactoring existing services, tackling tech debt, scoping and specifying solutions, shepherding features through development and QA, or evaluating new technology partners - your involvement will be critical to the success of Hopper’s Air team. You are a creative, technically-minded, hands-on “doer” who is equally comfortable talking about core systems and system design with engineers and diving deep into product use cases to find the most valuable opportunities for our customers. You will find innovative ways to build the fastest, most scalable & reliable core flight platform in the industry.
• A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer-centric travel marketplace on Earth
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical product or project management role, working on core platforms & infrastructure
• Technical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers
• Highly proficient in data analytics, ability to draw accurate conclusions from data and adjust strategy accordingly
• Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products
• Ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
• A track record of assessing product initiatives via both qualitative logic and quantitative assessment
• Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
• No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Experience with API design and SAAS platforms
- Launch the vision, strategy, and roadmap and collaborate with stakeholders to deliver on that vision, e.g. product teams, international market leaders, revenue leaders across different business units, and core platform team
- Working globally to set requirements and execute Air foundation's vision on performance, reliability, scalability, and extensibility
- Diving deep into the logs and establishing new areas of tangible & metrics driven improvement
- Define goals and monitor key performance metrics to identify opportunities and improve product performance
- Thrive in the day-to-day collaboration with engineers and other product managers, reaching across team boundaries to make the right things happen
- Navigate through ambiguous situations, and translate data into digestible business intelligence and actionable insights
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!