Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Hopper managed to have triple digit year-over-year revenue growth in 2021. In fact, with over 70 million downloads, Hopper is the fastest growing travel-tech company and that is driven in large part by the performance of our unique fintech products which offer travelers an unparalleled level of flexibility and control. In 2022, Hopper will enter Latin America, one of the world’s largest travel markets.
We’re looking for an experienced and hands-on Product Manager to join LatAm’s founding team. This person will focus on building a localized and world-class payments infrastructure and experience for the region, as well as revenue and conversion driving marketplace product features.
Product Managers at Hopper are “smart creatives” who obsess over the customer and use data to create best-in-class experiences. As a Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of software development, data science, and user experience to solve real customer problems and create unique value. You will need to dive deep into the data and develop an understanding of the competitive travel landscape to ground the basis for new product features. On any given day — whether you’re surveying customers to better understand their needs, partnering with engineering to scope a feature down to the MVP, or combing through data for new insights — your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation and analysis: collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, drive execution, and report on the impact
- Collaborate closely with data analytics to dive deep into our data to understand our users
- Work with business leaders to help shape business cases, including return-on-investment analyses for new product initiatives
- Partner with design to ideate and wireframe new features that will be in the hands of millions of users across the globe
- Pare down an ideal feature to the minimum viable product: identify what's essential for us to know if this is a good idea, what's not, and how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand complex technical issues, discern impact, and be able to explain the situation to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Proven experience untangling complex problems and diving deep into data in a methodical manner
- Have experience with data analytics and A/B testing in a highly metrics driven environment
- Have experience working in Latin American online payments & e-commerce
- Have the instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain their thinking, and even faster to document that thinking into expected use cases and user behaviors, driving UX for new features from start to finish
- Have a strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company without ego
- Experience writing SQL, querying APIs and the ability to brainstorm solutions with the engineering team
- Excellent communications skills both in-person and in-writing
- A bias for action and drive to go beyond the status quo
- A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling narrative both in-person and in-writing
- Have technical depth that allows them to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Experience with mobile product development strongly preferred
- Have a go-getter attitude, comfortable with learning whatever they need to to move the team forward.
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!