Our finance and hopperations team is looking to build automation products that allow for timely performance reporting. We want to remove the manual work to ensure accurate information and focus on the value-added tasks! In an ideal world, we could get accurate financial reports on the first day of the month. Finance is the central business partner to all verticals and we are trusted to provide reconciled and accurate figures all the time. It is never a question of if something is possible but rather a question of how do we make it possible! If you share a passion for building world-class finance products, we’d love to talk to you.
As the engineering manager, you will be directly responsible for leading this development and fostering a culture of operational excellence. You will have a direct role in hiring, retaining and mentoring a team of experienced data engineers. As a hands-on leader, you will relish diving deep and getting your hands dirty. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be the technical leader responsible for making that a reality and lead the group making that happen.
- Collaborate closely with the accounting team in order to increase accurate reporting and reduce the number of days to close the month
- Enhance system functionalities (NetSuite/Coupa) to remove manual PO creations and manual invoice approvals
- Lead the implementation of Avalara tax software and be responsible for its periodic maintenance while ensuring a seamless UX experience
- Lead NetSuite customizations to enhance financial reporting
- Build integrations with third-party APIs to create new data sources.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to improve data efficiency, quality and consistency.
- Manage, mentor, and coach technical team members
- Take a leading role in recruitment and process improvements.
- Establish, maintain and document high data quality standards.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or Mathematics
- Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, designing systems and REST APIs, as well as UX and project management experience
- Thorough understanding of Python programming language
- Experience working in a cloud environment with data warehouse technologies such as BigQuery, Redshift, Athena and Snowflake
- Experience with automating processes within Finance and Human Resource systems such as NetSuite, Avalara, Coupa, BambooHR, ADP, etc is an asset
- Demonstrable experience with SQL
- Experience building ETL pipelines
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Our Global Benefits:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Carrot Cash travel stipend
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!