At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge to personalize travel for our ever expanding population of members.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Help deploy a multi-million dollar marketing budget to generate millions of installs every month for an app loved and used by travelers around the world
- Build and improve the Hopper Ads Engine, built on top of Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Pinterest marketing APIs and our internal Flight Deals API
- Create, optimize and scale user acquisition campaigns on 10+ different channels, from Facebook, Snapchat, Pandora, influencers and TV ads
- Uncover growth and optimization opportunities
- Collaborate with people across technology as we scale Hopper’s business
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Collaborated with others to solve tough technical and product problems
- Experience with analytics and tracking tools
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Interest in the travel industry and startups; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 35 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal)
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!