Do you want to make a substantial impact on the future of Hopper's travel technology? We're hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Fintech team and help us innovate the evolution of travel selling and booking technology. Fintech contributes to 70% of the company's overall revenue and as a Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for crafting, implementing, and deploying the sophisticated backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to help us with experiment creation, implementation, MVP development and development roadmapping.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Work on products crafted to make travel easier to book and stress-free!
Quickly prototype new insights and run experiments to identify features that users love.
Influence the technical direction of the team and the strategic direction of the product
Be empowered to drive innovation for our Fintech products (e.g Delays and Missed Connections Protection).
Iterating on features in an agile manner using Scala and technologies like GCP, Kafka, BigQuery, BigTable, HBase, Cloud SQL among others (no prior experience required).
Collaborate with a diverse group of people, across Engineering, Data Science, Product and Leadership, executing on big opportunities and helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry!
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly.
The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
5+ years of experience growing in dynamic backend environments, delivering user experience at scale.
A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability.
Excels in multi-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers.
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Unlimited PTO
• WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!