Do you want to make a meaningful impact on the future of Hopper's travel technology? We're hiring a mobile software developer to join the Air Servicing Automation team and help us innovate the evolution of travel. The servicing team builds and maintains automated systems and user interfaces that empower our customers to service their bookings without agent help, for example to cancel or change their flight, redeem an airline travel credit (Carrot Cash!) or other consumer needs. We empower internal teams and our B2B partners to leverage our air platform services for the benefit of all Hopper customers.
As a mobile developer, you will collaborate with hardworking developers, product managers, designers, and data scientists to break down sophisticated problems, and also help craft and evolve our architecture to enable teams to run experiments and iterate quickly.
In this role, you will
- Build and optimize our automated post-booking workflows based on existing iOS and/or Android experiences
- Collaborate with other engineers, ticketing agent stakeholders, product managers, data scientists, and designers to deliver incremental wins
- Configure and integrate our post-booking workflows in a way that is scalable, extensible and portable
- Participate in lifecycle of feature development from inception of ideas to monitoring including technical debt and testing
- 2+ years of professional experience in native mobile development
- Thorough understanding of modern mobile development practices
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing, and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Experience working with UX designers
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!