• 5+ years of experience in a full stack or technically polyglot environment, covering at least some of microservices systems at internet scale, ETL pipelines and data wrangling
• Mastery of at least one server side stack (preferably Scala based or a pure functional environment, or any of the mainstream server-side stacks)
• Otherwise comfortable making contributions in a variety of environments, languages and stacks
• Proven ability to build prototypes, iterate quickly, and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing, and measuring new ideas very quickly
• Demonstrated passion for technical execution and quality
• A passion for technical leadership and mentoring
About the job
A stellar opportunity to massively impact Hopper’s Growth! Join a rapidly growing company that is continuously redefining how people travel! The Growth team at Hopper is directly impacting Hopper’s rapid acceleration, and has been instrumental to approximately tripling our valuation to $3.5B in the past year.
Our User Acquisition team is focused on one of the biggest levers for growth: using data to inform business decisions around paid marketing that will help us acquire millions of new users. The goal is to create a paid growth loop that will significantly accelerate our net revenue growth through paid marketing and ensure that our marketing budget is allocated to our most profitable segments. In this role you will build, scale and experiment with automation, reporting and data analysis systems and act as a force amplifier for our marketing managers and millions of dollars in monthly marketing spend.
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful, technical problems
- Help define and scale our marketing data-operations, reporting and automation platforms, building them to be world class and to hit internet scale
- Define, evolve and maintain our system architecture and operational processes
- Thoughtfully contribute to and influence the technical direction of the team, and the strategic direction of the product
- Level up your team members, and mentor, support and otherwise grow those who are more junior than you
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!