About the job
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, Full Stack/Web, you will contribute to building a product that impacts millions of users. You will design, build, scale, and maintain web versions of our products. You will iterate on world class UI/UX components, and help integrate them with partners and partner services. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and data scientists to break down complex problems, and experiment with new ideas very quickly. Your contributions will be broad, and you’ll be expected to nimbly move across our tech stack.
Day to day, your work may range. You’ll be helping to design and evolve our web interface and the underlying system architecture, supporting us as we scale. You’ll be building out end-to-end prototypes and tests for product features and ideas, inventing, iterating on and applying our latest frameworks to help optimize user experience on the web.
• 2+ years professional experience full stack Web development - some strongly typed and/or functional-style (Scala, Haskell, Clojure, etc..) exposure preferred
• Thorough understanding of Web system architecture, and design, at scale
• Deep comfort with at least one server-side stack
• Ability to quickly iterate on Web interface UI/UX and related design
• A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
• Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
What would your day-to-day looks like?
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Experiment with early stage/proof of concept web engineering projects, at scale
- Mentor junior engineers and peers, to grow a stronger team
- Actively contribute to the design and improvement of Web front end UI/UX features and projects
- Help evolve our architecture, to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team and the strategic direction of the product
- As a senior member of the team, mentor, support, and otherwise level up the more junior team members
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!