About the job
Hopper’s goal is to build the most customer-obsessed travel marketplace in the world. To achieve this we are constantly pushing the boundaries of what we can offer to our customers.
We are looking for a product-focused Senior iOS Engineer to join one of our Flights Marketplace teams, and help us lead a greenfield opportunity to create a product our users will love. This is a great opportunity to have an outstanding impact in a product from its inception, to its launch, as well as iterating quickly on features based on user's feedback and helping it scale over time.
You will be directly responsible for building innovative consumer experiences as well as setting standards for code and performance. You will participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective. You will collaborate with a diverse group of people (Engineers, Designers, Product) to ensure the success of our award-winning product.
We are customer-obsessed so we really want to build a delightful experience for all of our users and you will have a key role and impact in that.
In this role you will:
-You'll have full ownership of the iOS code base, you can unleash your creativity to build our product.
-Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
-Create delightful user experiences in an app using Swift.
-Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth.
-Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry.
-Participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective.
-Participate in the implementation of RemoteUI/BFF framework in the Flights Marketplace flow.
A perfect candidate has:
-5+ years of experience in iOS development.
-Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experiences at scale.
-Strong experience working with Swift.
-Experience working with Github to ensure the high standard of quality and code health and providing feedback on improving the quality of code.
-The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
-Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
-A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers.
Preferably experience or willingness to work in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!