As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be a core member of Hopper's Information Security Team. This role represents a key position responsible for the continuous safeguarding of Hopper's data in a cloud environment, assuring the trust of our customers and partners, and executing on the organization’s Information Security strategy.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Participate in formalizing Hopper information security to conform to a security standard (SOC2 and ISO27001)
- Conduct security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments
- Provide technical knowledge, guidance, and expertise for security tools and practices
- Contribute to the secure design and implementation of infrastructure and applicationsImplement, maintain, monitor and tune security tools and seek to continually improve Hopper's overall security posture
- Evaluate, respond, and mitigate alerts that originate from all security tools e.g. SIEM, DLP, Vulnerability Assessment, Endpoint monitoring, network perimeter scans etc.
- Generally speaking - be a jack of all trades in information security. We have an outsourced 24/7 SOC function but our small team works in all other areas to design, detect, advise, implement and decide. You will keep Hopper secure without sacrificing the dynamic and fast-paced nature of the company.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Background and up-to-date knowledge of issues and trends in cloud security, especially GCP
- Experience in formal information security frameworks (ISO 27001/NIST CSF)
- Exposure to formal risk management frameworks (ISO 27005, NIST RMF)Blue/red team and incident response experience
- Able to understand security related data and dive deep to identify root causes and suggest workable solutions
- Ability to implement changes in IaC (Infrastructure as Code) environment
- Experience with DevOps, DevSecOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at various technical levels
- Worked in Agile delivery teams and environmentPast success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- A collaborative nature, working with diverse teams, from business leaders to individual contributors
- Experience creating automated solutions & eagerness to automate
- Experience in Financial Services, Travel or Mobile is a plus
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!