A stellar opportunity to have a massive impact: Price Freeze is one of the fastest-growing teams at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Senior QA Automation Developer, you will work on creating automated frameworks for end-to-end regression, unit, and functional tests for our Android/iOS applications and micro-service-driven Scala backend. At Hopper, we value ownership, autonomy, and impact. This role would report directly to Price Freeze’s STO head of engineering, and work with our three Price Freeze teams. You will have full agency and empowerment to build out your vision of fully automated testing frameworks that would ideally set the bar company-wide.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build and evangelize end to end regression, functional, and unit testing frameworks with eventual integration into our CI/CD pipelines
- Work with our three Price Freeze development teams on setting QA code testing standards and best practices
- Have a chance to set the company-wide bar for automated QA testing
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
An ideal candidate has:
- A passion for building automated test frameworks, and working with products and developers to ensure we deliver quality code and products to our customers
- Experience or willingness to work on full-stack test frameworks across Scala, Android, and iOS
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A desire to help our team continuously improve
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!