• 5+ years experience as a product manager of native mobile apps operating in multiple international markets.
• Track record of building and launching innovative products that drove business growth in international markets.
• Strong creative skills - you can come up with and test experimental product features that go beyond iterative or obvious improvements to the product.
• Excellent understanding of internationalization of software, best practices, and common pitfalls. Can educate designers, product managers, and developers, if necessary.
• Familiarity with app and service localization, libraries, tools, and processes (e.g. ICU, CLDR, XLIFF).
• Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
• Ability to analyze requirements and come up with processes and solutions using a first principle approach and always being informed by data and guided by customer impact.
• Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists.
• Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills and experience documenting and presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Thrived in large organizations working in cooperation with and influencing other teams.
About the Job
A unique opportunity to make a massive impact as a founding member of a new team focused on helping the company scale internationally. We’re looking for a product manager with a passion for international markets. As the product owner of the global expansion platform, you will be responsible for ensuring the success of our verticals in new and emerging global markets. You will identify and prioritize international requirements applicable to the travel industry that span multiple regions. You will then drive the creation of a global platform that would make it easier for existing and future vertical teams (e.g. Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) to build on top and expand into new markets.
We’re looking for a highly flexible PM that can span among highly technical topics that affect our developers (to own our language translation and testing processes. As the owner of our localization operations you will be managing the relationship with our vendors and will bridge the communication among technical and non-technical stakeholders. The ideal candidate would strive in an ambiguous role and fully embrace a startup culture of ownership and entrepreneurship.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best experience to our international customers. You have a strong passion and empathy for our international users. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, you’ll be responsible for making an awesome international user experience a reality.
- Own the global expansion platform to enable international teams to customize the user experience of their respective users.
- Own internationalization libraries and localization tools from a developer perspective.
- Learn about our international customers' needs by performing product experiments and interviews.
- Drive feature design / experimentation / development partnering with other regional PM’s.
- Build relationships with internal teams needing to operate in international markets, staying on top of projects proactively. This may also include organizing special interest groups to define internal standards.
- Provide solutions and guidance on methodologies for globalization of applications and online services.
- Perform analysis of new features and products to ensure they are world-ready.
- Collaborate closely with a fast-growing team of business stakeholders and product leaders.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- $200 annual Carrot Cash travel stipend (available in most countries)
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!