• Thrived in a consumer product role and delivered delightful features at scale
• An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
• The instinct to get on a whiteboard and explain their thinking, and even faster to document that thinking into expected use cases and user behaviors, driving UX for new features from start to finish
• Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
• Experience connecting innovative solutions to real-world, user problems with actual business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
• Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
• A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling narrative both in-person and in-writing
• Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
• No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
About the job
Product Managers at Hopper are “smart creatives” that will take the Hopper app from a disruptive, startup product to being the global leader in mobile travel. As a Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of development, data science, and user experience, as well as have a competitive understanding of the travel landscape to facilitate the creation of successful new features. On any given day - whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying solutions, or shepherding features through development - your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
Hopper has been one of the biggest disruptors in the travel space since its launch in early 2015, helping travelers plan over 100 million trips and save nearly $2.5 billion along the way by leveraging big data technologies to help users understand the best time and destinations to fly, and more importantly, the best time to book airfare. We are looking for a Product Manager to own the product roadmap and scale our new B2B product initiative to be the preeminent destination for travelers when booking travel with our partners. This means exciting opportunities to own the booking funnel, experiment with new features, drive growth & adoption, and alleviate anxiety for millions of travelers. If you’re looking to dive deep into the challenges of scaling an established product to the market leader, look no further.
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, and drive execution
- Work closely with our B2B partners to develop and launch world-class solutions
- Work with business leaders to help shape and drive business cases for product features
- Ideate and wireframe new features that will be user by millions of users
- Identify the essential qualities of each feature: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
- Annual travel stipend
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!