• 5+ years of experience designing and shipping cross platform (iOS and Android) consumer-focused products and working with product teams
• Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
• History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
• Proven track record of designing completely new experiences and end-to-end features, and working with product teams to ship successful native mobile products to users cross-platform for iOS and Android
• Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
• An up-to-date understanding of mobile best practices, design standards, and trends
• Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation including a basic analysis of success measurement with minimal guidance and ambiguity
• No ego when it comes to product or design; strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
• The ability to independently flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
• Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
• Experience as a Lead Product Designer is a bonus
• Experience with hiring, onboarding, and improving the team’s culture and design approach
• Experience working at scale with Design Systems
• Experience with Figma and prototyping tools
About the role
The Flights team is responsible for delivering on our mission to make Hopper the best place to book travel. We guarantee this to customers by working to ensure that we are always able to offer the best prices and the best content to users searching for flights, and that we provide a convenient shopping and booking experience. Enabling these customer objectives through delightful, elegant design is critical to our success.
Your role as a Senior Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s mobile apps that are both useful & delightful. You'll become a foundational member of a talented, high-impact, flights marketplace team whose goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions to help users book travel. As part of the Flights team, you will deliver solutions to results-oriented problems and passionately act as the voice of the user by soliciting feedback directly from customers. Whether you're designing a new way for travelers to shop for flights or creating new product offerings that guarantee customers the best prices, you'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to define the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation to prototyping to usability tests to final product
- Seek out, understand, incorporate and communicate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process leveraging surveys, user testing and user data to measure feature performance in app
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to prioritize and build new features
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!