• 5+ years of relevant sales operations experience in the travel and hospitality industry
• Passionate about technology, people and shaping Hopper’s ability to provide effortless travel experiences
• A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales performance goals
• The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to select and present insightful datasets about sales performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
• Excellent work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and actively listens when spoken/presented to
• A degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required.
• Experience in B2C SaaS customer journey management
• Relevant contact center domain expertise that will allow you to steer large-scale customer and employee impacting solutions
• Previous management experience, preferably of operational (both in-house and outsourced) teams
About the job
Hopper is looking for a highly innovative leisure travel sales leader to join the Customer Experience and Service team as Hopper’s first Shopper Support Senior Manager to build a B2C inside sales operation from the ground up.
The mission of the Shopper Support team is to provide Hopper users with highly customized travel shopping experiences powered by a team of travel experts with access to Hopper’s ever-growing inventory of hotels, homes, cars and flights.
This role requires a naturally tenacious sales-driven leader who will directly influence the direction of the product team using customer data and translating that into clear actions. Reporting to our Head of Customer Experience & Service, you will be hiring, leading and coaching a team of in-house and partner travel experts to supercharge their effectiveness when it comes to customer activation and conversion.
You could be a fit if you have a passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer start-up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should also be able to use your data analytics skills and commercial acumen to help steer sales enablement, inform strategy and drive customer engagement.
- Build from the ground up. Develop, implement and operate Hopper’s leisure travel sales strategy to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue targets
- Be a leader of experts. Build and manage a team of travel experts and develop strategies to enable their success, including producing sales enablement content and consulting on tooling needs
- Design the selling journey in long form. See around the corner to create compelling shopping experiences that drive conversion and retention
- Lead customer experience product innovation. Uncover new areas of opportunity for product development improvements using data, writing business cases to support your findings, executing cross-functional operational opportunities quickly.
- Participate in product development. Product development starts long before engineering. Ask questions, provide data-backed feedback on ideas, business cases and non-technical documentation at each stage of the process for the teams to negotiate features and requirements that impact the shopping experience at every step in the product development lifecycle.
- Grow revenue and lower costs. Generate revenue through providing services that customers value and solutions that are cost effective.
- Maintain cultural alignment. We want autonomy between business units but not to operate separate cultures entirely. The senior manager of Shopper Support must ensure that there is cultural alignment between customer-facing (both sales and support) teams and product-development teams and ultimately between the business unit and the organization at large.
- Facilitate speed and autonomy. Write and develop new standard operating procedures that can be used by the business unit and elsewhere inside the organization to further advance operational best practices.
- Act as the coordination layer. Horizontally between customer-facing verticals within the Customer Experience business unit to ensure that the groups are productive and working towards shared customer objectives. Also, with the leaders of other business units and especially with the support-led Platform business unit to ensure that company-wide technology outcomes, workforce management, learning, quality and operational best practices are being leveraged for the best possible outcomes for customers.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!