Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Hopper managed to have triple-digit year-over-year revenue growth in 2021. In fact, with over 70 million downloads, Hopper is the fastest-growing travel-tech company and that is driven in large part by the performance of our unique fintech products which offer travelers an unparalleled level of flexibility and control. In 2022, Hopper will enter Latin America, one of the world’s largest travel markets.
We’re looking for an experienced and hands-on user acquisition leader to join LatAm’s founding team. You might be a fit for the role if you’re excited about leading the growth of one of our fastest growing and most promising international markets, owning and growing your budget, and working in close collaboration with a cross-functional team of marketers, engineers, creatives, and data analysts.
- Deploy six-figure and eventually, seven-figure marketing budgets and acquire millions of installs for an app loved and used by travelers in Latin America
- Create, manage and scale user acquisition campaigns on different channels like Facebook, Tiktok, Snapchat, Google, influencers, etc.
- Make and test new creatives to improve performance across all of our new channels in collaboration with our creative team
- Track and report on campaign performance using advanced LTV and cohorts analysis. Uncover growth and optimization opportunities with your queries and reports
- Sort through well-known and unconventional user acquisition channels and set up tests to measure how well they perform and scale. Come up or discuss new test ideas for existing or new channels and campaigns
- Collaborate with the data science, product, and engineering teams on tracking, product features and finding new user segments to target
- Help improve the Hopper Ads Engine, our in-house marketing automation platform built on top of Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Twitter, Appsflyer, and Pinterest marketing APIs
- Represent Hopper and lead the mobile travel industry in all things UA. Work hand in hand with the travel teams at Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Google (amongst many others) to make Hopper an example to follow
- 4+ years experience with paid user acquisition at scale on multiple channels including paid social
- Strong experience with analytics and tracking tools
- A great mix of creative and analytical thinking
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- You should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
Nice to have
- Experience in mobile user acquisition or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of MMPs (AppsFlyer), Amplitude, Smartly
- Experience using SQL
- A passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer-centric travel marketplace on Earth
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!