About the Job:
The mission of the Hopper Homes Supply team is to provide Hopper users with the best selection of vacation rental homes, at the best price, and with the best onboarding experience for our partners. We partner closely with property managers and connectivity providers around the world to secure their inventory and fill their homes with a valuable & incremental audience.
Does it excite you to build and create the best in class connectivity partner program? If that's the case this might just be for you. The Homes Partnerships team is opening up its first foundational role as we are rapidly expanding our connectivity supplier integrations. You will have the chance to design, build & test the framework that you implement.
As a Senior Connectivity Partner Manager, you are responsible for supporting Hopper Homes in expanding and maintaining its connectivity partnerships (Channel Manager & Property Management Software) in North America with both new and existing partners, being their main point of contact, focusing on increasing adoption & profitability month over month.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in account management of, highly motivated and vacation rental connectivity knowledge, accompanied by the ability to build relationships to immerse themselves into the dynamics of a fast-paced successful company.
You are a fit if you’re able to collaborate with cross-functional teams such as onboarding, business development, account management & product development teams. Also, you are highly commercially oriented and focused on developing amazing products for connectivity partners.
This role will be responsible for focusing on 3 areas:
Acquisition of Supply
Product & Feature Adoption
Acquisition of Supply
- Drive supply penetration for the relevant market supply by developing and implementing sustainable acquisition & onboarding campaigns for each partner.
- Propose and implement incentive schemes for commercial scaling of the partnership to maximise penetration and inventory acquisition
- Build a strong network in the markets by attending industry trade shows and events and planning market visits
- Be dynamic in setting up marketing & sales efforts to acquire the relevant market supply and measuring the ROI of these actions
- Work closely with regional sales teams + account management teams to set up a plan for acquiring supply (property managers) in target markets.
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives) set in tandem with leadership
- Establish performance goals in conjunction with PMS partners, develop an action plan, secure commitment, drive achievement of goals
- Own the business and connectivity relationship with North American connectivity partners focusing on adoption & revenue growth month over month
- Create the operational rhythms, establish and track KPIs, analyze business growth and other key metrics to identify trends, drive new business opportunities, and ensure the resolution of business/technical challenges with a sense of urgency
- Assist Hopper Homes in developing yearly business plans with partners, with clear objectives and commitments around marketing, skills development and business growth. Review the plan on a quarterly basis and take corrective actions when needed.
- Help design the best vacation rental connectivity partner program in the industry and be ready to roll it out to all new & existing connectivity partners
- Collaborate with our Engineering, Finance, Product Manager & Business development teams to ensure internal alignment around our partnership models.
- Own & run quarterly business reviews with connectivity partners to ensure adoption & revenue growth and cover internal reporting to key stakeholders
- Create and deliver presentations to connectivity partners and peers
- Represent Hopper in local markets, trade shows, and industry events to build the company’s company profile with connectivity partners Provide ongoing input to Senior Management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Provide relevant data insights and superior consulting services to partners (revenue management advice, define marketplace opportunities and define best practices);
- Establish credibility and relevance with partners by delivering trends, data, and market insights in an easy-to-understand manner to inform Partner recommendations
- Drive content, rate, availability accuracy, and competitiveness to maximize booking conversion
- Keep abreast of key demand/supply indicators, economic data, trends and competitive information within the designated strategic market of your customers at local, national and global levels.
Product & Feature Adoption
- Advocate for and pioneer innovative features that connectivity partnerships can adopt
- Become a product evangelist when working with our partners, always ready to find innovative solutions and create value
- Ensure high adoption rates of new API/ conversion features among connectivity partners by supporting the technical implementation of as well as maintaining a close feedback loop with our product manager and engineering teams.
- Flexible: Willing to face all challenges with enthusiasm, and positivity. Can bend and twist with the changes as they come your way.
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions.
- Gather feedback from partners regarding product enhancements and processes to drive Partner efficiencies and increase revenue; Communicate feedback internally to help drive continuous improvement
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related professional experience5+ years of experience in sales & account management
- Communication: You can adapt your communication style and manage difficult conversations and diffuse conflict
- Relationship Management: you understand partners and customize engagement approaches; you are able to diffuse difficult, high-pressure, or contentious situations quickly; willing and able to have direct and frank conversations with partners;
- Partner Advocacy: you demonstrate a “partner-first” attitude and create “win-win” situations that bring value for both Hopper and connectivity partners; you are biased towards action by actively engaging and following up with stakeholders until issues are resolved; you represent the connectivity partner perspectives at Hopper
- Planning and Quality Delivery: you prioritize and manage tasks with minimal assistance and direction; you meet all team commitments and goals and demonstrate willingness and capability to take on additional tasks
- Data-Driven Business Acumen: you use software, data, and tools to conduct analysis and derive insights; you translate data and insights into actionable improvements or growth opportunities and customize analysis and explanation of insights for each partner
- Expertise Development: you build and maintain expertise in Hopper’s product offerings & the vacation rental market
- Continuous Improvement and Agility: you are willing to learn and adopt agile principles; you look for improvement and feedback; you embrace changes and maintain work effectiveness even with changes in tasks and priorities
- Internal Collaboration: you work well with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the hospitality technology space, knowledge of OTA, channel managers and/or Property management systems, and experience with API integrations are strongly preferred
- Proficient with CRM tools (Salesforce), project management, and business intelligence tools (Amplitude)
- Proven track record of being able to effectively manage a book of business.
- Technically savvy (e.g. experience with XML and REST APIs is a plus).
- A self-starter: Motivated by an end result? Driven by your own performance, yet actively want to contribute to a team? Show us your strengths!
- Have a network of property management software in the North American vacation rental space already
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!