About the job
We’re looking for an experienced US-based Senior Business Development Manager to join our rapidly growing Homes team. In this role, you will acquire, develop, and maintain a portfolio of property managers that Hopper will distribute through the Hopper app. You will ensure that your property managers vacation rental listings are attractive to Hopper customers and have the best conversion & most available bookable nights, at the best price.
To succeed at Hopper you must have passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer a start-up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should be stimulated by customer engagement and enjoy both selling to new property managers and managing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as the Homes team grows rapidly.
- Have 5+ years experience in business development, sales or account management, ideally OTA side
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales performance goals
- Experience closing deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints (product, engineering) and an understanding of varied sales methodologies
- Excellent people skills; you are able to build & maintain long term relationships
- Very strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation, and critical thinking skills
- Have the capability to consistently generate new business opportunities
- Tech-savvy with the ability to communicate product features clearly
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau & Amplitude
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast-changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to select and present insightful datasets including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and actively listens when spoken/presented to
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Build and progressively expand a portfolio of property managers by negotiating and securing win-win distribution partnerships, facilitating onboarding, and setting your partners up for success on Hopper
- Identify, approach, and negotiate property management partnership agreements in our key markets
- Research the online vacation rental landscape to explore new partnership opportunities that can significantly impact Hopper's commercial success.
- Expert in your dedicated markets, you use that knowledge to prioritize key partners as we drive the adoption of our platform across the main regions our customers want to travel to
- Work cross-functionally to get the deal done: collaborate with product, account management, onboarding
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership
- Engage with connectivity partners (channel managers, PMS and direct integration with key property management companies) in North America in order to achieve your targets
- Represent Hopper in our key target markets, build Hopper’s company profile with key national influencers (e.g. VR conferences, associations, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry at events
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!