As a Finance and Strategy Senior Analyst, your day-to-day job will be to help business leaders make sound business and financial decisions. You will need to have a deep understanding of our customers and business drivers, allowing you to help steer Hopper’s growth and product strategy. To succeed in this role, you need to be able to understand the big picture, while also being unafraid to dive into the details and numbers. You will also need to use SQL daily to independently obtain data and support data driven decisions.
- Provide quantitative analysis, business understanding and strategic insights to help Hopper make smart, data-driven decisions
- Own product level profit and loss reporting to senior management and executives
- Develop statistical forecasts for revenue at both a product and company-wide level
- Demonstrate competency and ownership of nuanced SQL code used to compile underlying revenue and COGS tables, with deep understanding of processes and sources associated with them
- Work with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Hopper in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Identify and help lead initiatives to improve forecasting, processes, and methodologies
- Master SQL / Big Query to be able to proactively access, manage and gain insights directly from data
The Perfect Candidate Has
- A degree in Business, Strategy, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a quant or analytical role
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work autonomously
- Technology industry experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in an FP&A team
- Experience with statistical forecasting
- Experience with SQL, expertise a plus
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency, ideally Data Studio dashboards
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!