The LatAm Expansion Hotel Supply team is looking to hire a Business Analyst to deliver insights and recommendations for optimizing gross margin in the lodging category. This role is focused primarily on maximizing volume, revenue, conversion, and inventory quality related to lodging supply contracts and Hopper booking trends.
- Maintaining hotel and provider revenue variables
- Creating and maintaining a BizDev dashboard monitoring lodging performance and deal health in Tableau, so BD can provide strategic recommendations to lodging providers and secure better rates, availability, marketing dollars, and/or increased incentives
- Creating tailored dashboards for auditing hotel performance
- Creating forecast models for all Hotel Supply revenue and cost lines
- Derive insights and recommendations to inform contract negotiations
- Automate a system for flagging unexpected absence or decrease in revenue for a particular provider, supplier, or destination against forecast
- Analyze and size lost revenue, and map revenue optimization logic (or business case if it is a tech-related limitation)
- Create a system for flagging underperformance which will result in higher costs or decreased revenue
- Strong ability to organize and pull insights from data sets (which can be large and/or incomplete)
- Business acumen and communication skills to communicate data insights and recommended solutions to non-technical audiences via business cases, written notes, and data tools such as Tableau
- Ability to build financial impact models and revenue forecasts
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience as a business/data analyst at a tech or e-commerce company
- Experience from an OTA or Travel Industry is a plus
- A strong candidate will have experience processing ‘raw’ data (usually via SQL), and presenting insights through words, business cases, and graphs/charts
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!