Hopper is looking for a Customer Service Program Lead, Carrot Cash to join the Customer Service team in a practice leadership role. We are looking for an exceptionally customer-centric and data-driven professional to lead the operational implementation, product feedback cycle, and governance of Hopper’s customer loyalty and app credit program. Carrot Cash allows customers to get even better prices when booking at Hopper by allowing customers to earn and use additional savings in the app. The ideal candidate for this position comes with material experience in the customer loyalty and referrals space and is highly invested in identifying and executing opportunities to improve customer experience and drive adoption, utilization, and best practices throughout the customer journey.
Your key responsibilities will include managing the implementation and governance of Carrot Cash in Hopper’s customer service verticals to maximize customer outcomes while providing customer insights to the product and best practices with the service teams to enable a consistent customer experience. You will collaborate closely with the Carrot Cash product team as well as contact center delivery leaders and operational groups such as learning and quality and product operations to create a foundation that enables Hopper to scale.
- Lead design and enablement of cross-vertical standard operating procedures, process engineering, awareness, operational updates, and governance
- Collect and provide relevant and meaningful data-driven feedback, analytics, and reporting to business, product, and customer service leaders working backward from business and servicing metrics as well as the voice of the customer to prioritize key product and operational improvements
- Act as a key stakeholder and sounding board for new product initiatives and business objectives impacting customer service to ensure customer centricity and agent compliance
- Serve as a subject matter expert and utmost operational escalation point for all aspects of Carrot Cash for the customer service and service platform teams
- Product mindset
- Passionate about technology, people, and shaping Hopper’s ability to provide effortless customer experiences
- Broad understanding of customer experience and service operations
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of customer loyalty programs from an operational implementation and governance perspective
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for understanding key business drivers and answering complex product and operational challenges with data
- Experience in combining statistically defensible quantitative data with customer stories and qualitative data in written form to compel customer experience improvements
- Experience with relational databases and using SQL to pull and analyze data
- Experience with data extraction and visualization tools such as Tableau, Amplitude, Medallia, Qualtrics
- Excellent communication and people skills – listening, written, and spoken.
- You work easily with diverse teams and optimize communication when working with people at all levels with varying styles. You know how to share your opinions clearly and thoughtfully
- Strong aptitude for knowledge management, training, and cross-functional communications
- Project management competency - strong understanding of project management fundamentals and relevant practical knowledge of project tracking and organization (with the willingness to be more than a corporate notetaker)
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!