A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: Join a rapidly growing team in a company continually redefining how people travel. The Hopper Cloud Travel group builds fully-featured travel portals in collaboration with B2B partners, helping us reach new distinct groups of customers with unique needs.
As Principal Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features we will introduce to our customers. You will be a key part of projects of deep technical complexity, and help us define and refine our technical vision while ensuring we’re always continually setting and meeting a high standard for the solutions we deliver.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Dive deep to drive results and deliver complex features and new functionalities for our customers.
• Be a positive example of engineering excellence, bring team members towards an inspiring vision.
• Be an effective force to define and improve team practices as evaluated by the team’s ability to deliver at speed, solutions of high performance and reliability.
• Collaborate directly with the company’s technology leadership on ensuring Hopper’s success.
• Mentor and coach technical team members, fostering a culture where a fast delivery to our customers is compatible with high engineering standards
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
• Thrived building and evolving complex distributed systems
• A proven ability to use creative problem solving to simplify solutions and deliver quality solutions quickly
• A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow, prioritizing customer impact at all times
• Designed and developed new microservices in an environment fueling the experience for millions of users
• Experience leading an Agile development team by influence and example
• A love of learning and teaching
• Experience with data engineering
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!