We’re seeking a highly organized People Ops & Office Administrator in Montreal, with great coordination skills to take care of our HQ in Montreal, remotely co-ordinating our global shared workspaces and working closely with our global People Operations team to support various HR and personnel related work. You must be ready to own numerous responsibilities and take action to create a positive work environment which enables truly flexible working for our staff. You will report to the Director of ‘Hopperations’ and work closely with the Hopperations team (People Ops & Payroll) , Finance teams & IT. You are flexible, a self-starter and happy to take on new challenges.
In this role you will:
- Manage all aspects of the workplaces environment globally, and in particular be the primary person responsible for maintaining the physical HQ in Montreal
- Maintain a safe working environment in Montreal
- Lead and manage the physical security of the employees, offices and assets including activation/deactivation of key cards for employees
- Comfortable with “hands-on” tasks and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done - this will include kitchen stocking, mail and building security
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations in each jurisdiction
- Assure that all workplaces are in good working order
- Manage suppliers and contracts related to the Montreal office
- Procure all services and goods and supervise vendors’s performance
- Respond and follow up to employees satisfaction inquiries and requests#
- Assist with general maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs
- Manage the relationship and agreements with the Montreal office landlord, serviced office providers and dedicated space memberships; manage changes in existing locations and support physical office requirements and agreements for new regions
- Keep track and report on occupancy/vacancy vs. growth projections
- Coordinate any space re-allocations
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections in the Montreal office
- Support the Hopperations and Finance team with budget planning and tracking
- Support the People Operations team in maintaining our ‘HRIS’ and other HR systems including benefits, COBRA, EOR, etc.
- Support employee communications for compensation and promotion cycles
- Provide first level support for employee inquiries via Jira
- Support in Quebec specific compliance, CNESST, OQLF, etc.
- Assist in People projects and other ad hoc tasks as needed
- Assist ad hoc with French translation of documents
A Perfect Candidate Has:
- 3+ year experience in office management
- International experience with serviced offices (e.g. WeWork) is a plus
- Working knowledge of HR systems and processes
- An adaptable and resilient attitude
- Strong communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skill sets
- Must be comfortable and excited by the prospect of rapid growth and change
- Proficient in Google suite with good technology troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Jira Service Management is an asset
- Fluently bilingual (French/English), multilingual a plus
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!