About the Role
Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. The Operations Analyst is vital in ensuring that we have the best possible support for our Fintech customers. Hopper is looking for a data-savvy individual with an ability to digest and prioritize large amounts, extract and translate its insights, communicate findings, and make recommendations on how to continuously improve the customer experience.
Data Analysis and Reporting: Support as the connective tissue to customer service in answering complicated questions with both quantitative and qualitative insights. Be a voice and sounding board to the customer service team in reinforcing our data-driven culture and be seen as a go-to internal expert for customer service for Fintech. Ensure that all data is validated, reconciled and contextually consistent across all reports.
Customer Journey: Become an expert on the customer journey of our Fintech products, analyzing key metrics that will drive the success of the customer’s experience. Generate hypotheses, identify growth opportunities and make recommendations based on data.
Operational Efficiency: Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to processes and workflows. Quantify the impact of process improvement, propose solutions and drive implementation of solutions with support from leadership.
An ideal candidate has:
- A degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Proficiency in Tableau (or similar tools like Qlikview or Looker)
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!