About the job
Hopper is looking for an Onboarding Specialist who will be responsible for onboarding and quality assurance testing for property managers connecting to the Hopper platform via our connectivity providers (channel managers, PMS & direct integrations). In this role, you will work with various Property Managers across the United States, as well as other departments within Hopper. You will use your technical knowledge and problem-solving expertise to effectively resolve any connection issues while balancing the needs of the Property Managers, and Hopper, while seeking to create and implement new processes and procedures within Hopper Homes.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant function (onboarding, customer success/service), ideally in the vacation rentals space for property managers, OTA’s or vacation rental software companies.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, with a get-it-done mentality
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to plan and prioritize workload in line with business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey processes and results with clarity and conviction to all stakeholders
- Tech-savvy with the ability to communicate product features clearly
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau & Amplitude
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- You are someone who is seeking a high impact position that will be both hands-on and strategic, in a dynamic start-up environment
- Knowledgeable in and enthusiasm for understanding more about connectivity APIs and new partner integration, troubleshooting bugs, and finding the best solution for our partners connectivity problems
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Onboard, perform quality assurance, and certify new vacation rental providers for the Hopper platform
- Create and implement departmental processes and procedures which will serve as the foundation for onboarding connectivity partners (channel managers, PMS & direct integrations)
- Resolve support tickets related to connectivity or integration
- Partner with Market Managers and other members of the company with tasks or projects as needed
- Manage frequently asked questions and supporting documents for our existing connectivity partners
- Meet the service level agreement(s) for onboarding speed and support responsiveness and creatively suggest ways to improve these KPI's
- Build strong business relationships with individuals from various departments within the organization
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid health and dental insurance plans
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!