A stellar opportunity to make a massive impact as a founding member of a new team focused on helping the company scale internationally. We will build the foundational platform that all verticals (e.g. Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) in the company will rely on for their geo-expansion efforts. As a Mobile/Fullstack Senior Software Engineer, you will also be responsible for the international version of our iOS/Android apps.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data, and product-focused individuals. You have strong software, data modeling, analytical skills, and a passion and empathy for our international users. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, you’ll be responsible for making an awesome international user experience a reality.
- Own all international aspects of the apps from a client-side perspective.
- Provide solutions and guidance on methodologies for the globalization of applications and online services.
- Perform analysis of new features and products to ensure they are world-ready.
- Build innovative user experiences and services for international use cases.
- Evolve and maintain our architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems.
- Collaborate closely with a fast-growing team of business stakeholders and product leaders.
- Ensure a highly available and resilient system and foster a culture of excellence.
- 5+ years of professional experience building and maintaining systems leveraging complex modeling and data at scale.
- Experience with native development in iOS, and Android (Swift, Kotlin)
- Thrived in large engineering organizations working in cooperation and influencing other engineering teams.
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Backend Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
- Experience launching products in international markets and solving associated problems.
- Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing and architecting systems and APIs.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and experience documenting and presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Professional programming experience in back-end development (Scala, Java, Node.js).
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with internationalization best practices, libraries, and tools (TMS, CLDR, ICU, or similar).
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!