About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced Market Manager to join our growth team to trail-blaze Europe in support of Hopper’s Europe market expansion.
Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Hopper managed to have triple digit year-over-year revenue growth in 2021. In fact, Hopper is recovering faster than the sector at large and that is driven in large part by the performance of our unique fintech products which offer travellers an unparalleled level of flexibility and control.
In 2022, Hopper is entering Europe, the world’s largest regional travel market to extend the success achieved in the North American Market and benefit a larger user group.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment. We’re looking for a Market Manager to join our growing Hotel supply team. In this role you will prospect, develop, and maintain a portfolio of direct hotel partnerships that Hopper offers through the Hopper platform. You will ensure that your hotels are attractive to Hopper customers and have accurate rates and room availability.
To succeed at Hopper you must have passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and enjoy a fast paced start-up environment. You should be target and action orientated, enjoy selling to new hotels and managing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as Hopper grows.
- Build and progressively expand a portfolio of hotel partners by negotiating and securing win-win distribution partnerships, facilitating hotel onboarding, and owning Hopper’s day to day relationship with your hotels
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership
- Engage with both individual hotels and hotel groups in and around Europe in order to achieve your targets
- Ensure that partner hotels’ product (content, rates and availability) is consistently optimised and competitive on the Hopper app to maximize customer conversion
- Maximize sales for your hotel partners by providing relevant data insights and superior support services and collaborating closely with Hopper’s product, support, and growth teams
- Represent Hopper in the local market, build Hopper’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio
- Secure additional rates and rooms as and when Hopper chooses to offer additional product to Hopper customers
- Secure seasonal deals, evergreen and dynamic promotions within the guidelines set by Management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- 3-5 years of account management or business development experience in the Online Travel Agent or Wholesaler industry with a passion for Travel, and Hopper’s mission.
- Desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world.
- Experience in Spanish market is essential
- Fluent speaking in Spanish
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding job performance goals
- Good work prioritisation skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- Experience closing deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints and an understanding of varied sales methodologies
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills; presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively and actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Working knowledge of the hotel distribution landscape
- A solid educational background and graduate degree
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience in hotel sales & distribution (Travel tech, OTA, TMC, GDS, etc)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!