About the job
We’re looking for a Market Associate, Miami to join our rapidly growing Homes team at Hopper. In this role, you will acquire a portfolio of short-term rental owners in the South Florida market. You will ensure that their listings are well positioned to sell on Hopper so customers have the best conversion & most available bookable nights at the best price.
You will join a fast-paced new vertical at Hopper, building the best vacation rental platform in the industry. Passion for customer delight, scrappiness, and an ambitious spirit are crucial to success at Hopper and vital to developing amazing partnerships with property owners. This role is dedicated to supporting and developing supply in our top-tier markets, driving our product to win against the competition in major vacation destinations.
- 1-2 years experience in a business development, sales, or customer success role
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales performance goals
- Excellent people skills; you are able to build & maintain long-term relationships
- Polished written and verbal communications skills; presenting ideas and directives clearly and persuasively
- The ability to be proactive and an appetite for working with fast-changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced environment
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Acquire target supply in your assigned market to achieve our acquisition targets
- Identify and target top tier individual hosts & leverage various sales channel (email, LinkedIn, cold calls, instagram, etc.) to get in touch
- Conduct discovery calls with prospective hosts to better understand their goals and help form an argument as to why they should list their home on Hopper
- Be a market owner; build and progressively expand a portfolio of vacation rental properties through a hands on sales process within your market of focus
- Be entrepreneurial: develop new sales strategies and innovate on existing processes and tactics for your region
- Be entrenched in your dedicated markets through networking and industry events, and use that knowledge to prioritize key opportunities as we drive the adoption of our platform across high-demand regions
- Share best sales practices with your teammates to help scale the function and upskill your peers
- Support the Hopper Homes Individual host strategy as an early contributor and foundational hire to a new vertical
- Interface with internal Product and Onboarding teams to assist in the building of solutions for hosts to maximize their performance on Hopper
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions
- Competitive compensation package
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!