Hopper embraces a modern approach to learning designed to bring the best out of our people. Our employees learn virtually and often asynchronously from all over the world, alongside a superstar training team to guide their growth and success. As a Learning Specialist, you will design, develop, and implement learning strategies, courses, and content to help our Flights Marketplace team reach peak performance. In this role, you will assume ownership of a vertical and work directly with those stakeholders to deliver timely, meaningful, and relevant training for our agents. You will help continually improve our onboarding program and upskilling efforts with the majority of your efforts focused on instructional design and building and maintaining online courses via Litmos.
- You are an innovator who is not afraid to dive deep on learning & quality pain points related to the vertical and experiment with new solutions
- You are customer obsessed in your approach to measure and analyze issues, and develop scalable solutions
- You are a strong communicator who interacts with stakeholders across levels and geographies to gather input and feedback
- You are able to build data insights to analyze and isolate issues, develop solutions, and prioritize opportunities
- You are able to communicate and iterate on a comprehensive set of metrics to measure performance and learning impact
- You are adept at managing multiple and competing priorities and projects
- You are flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas
- Develop and implement learning strategies and training programs via instructional design that drive performance
- Conduct regularly a training needs analysis (TNA) with stakeholders
- Create content for on-demand training courses, mainly through Litmos
- Build, organize, and optimize all learning materials (online courses, facilitator guides, job aids, activities, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders to guide and suggest training material based on their needs and projected roadmaps
- Develop content for onboarding, upskilling, and more
- Oversee remote training for our self-guided learning programs
- Manage LMS and assign courses and learning paths
- Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Integrate quality assurance feedback into the learning content development plan
- Implement best practices that support adult learning
- Experiment with new ideas—we are an adventurous bunch
- Broad understanding of travel management (flights) and travel agent functions
- Broad understanding of learning & development and quality assurance in contact centers
- Experience working in Flight GDSes, mainly Sabre, Amadeus and Apollo. NDC experience is a plus
- Strong instructional design skills with a focus on e-Learning and self-guided learning for travel agents
- Experience in building courses in a learning management system (preferably Litmos)
- Three years of experience in learning program management and instructional design
- Understanding of common learning theories and models (Knowles, Bloom, Gagne, Kirkpatrick, etc.)
- Previous experience working and teaching remotely with online, self-guided programs
- Excellent direct communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!