• Experience with both client and web application localization engineering
• Hands-on experience working with commercial Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) systems and Translation Management Systems (TMS) including but not limited to memoQ, Memsource, Smartling, Lokalise, Transifex, SDL Trados, with knowledge of how to automate project workflows
• Knowledge of Software Localization tools (Catalyst, Passolo, Silk)
• Experience with Translation Memory management and pseudolocalization
• Knowledge and experience with world languages
• Recent hands-on experience coding and reviewing code, and designing and architecting systems and APIs
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills and experience documenting and presenting to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience in front end and mobile development
• Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
About the Job
We’re looking for a developer to lead our language localization team to design, scale and operate a translation management system that will take Hopper from English to 50 languages across the globe. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to internationalize all the experiences powered by Hopper, implementing translations and defining libraries, guidelines, and architecture so any future redesigns remain translatable.
Additionally, we are looking for a leader experienced in building and working with fast-growing teams, with a focus on fast time to market and operational excellence.
- Establish foundational localization workflows by crafting and sustaining a core automation framework
- Provide guidance on standard methodologies for globalization of applications and online services
- Platform agnostic scripting, source control automation, and architecting baseline automation workflows
- Perform analysis of new features and products to ensure they are i18n ready and the source content is clear and ready for translation
- Manage Translation Memories
- Collaborate closely with a fast-growing team of business stakeholders and product leaders
- Ensure a highly available and resilient system and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Coach individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists. Take an active role in organizational design, recruitment and process improvements.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!