About the job
We want to save our customers money, plain and simple. The Hopper Homes team wants to build the best and cheapest place to book vacation rental homes.
This role requires a naturally curious individual who will directly influence the direction of the team using our data. Working closely with the product management team and supply team, you will own pricing analytics on a dataset of millions of vacation homes, conducting competitive benchmarking, and identifying opportunities to improve our pricing strategy.
The ideal candidate is excited about empowering teams with actionable data, comfortable breaking down large unstructured problems, and able to apply deep analytics skills to help steer direction, inform strategy, and ultimately help ensure Hopper provides customers with the best prices on their vacation rental home.
As the newest travel category at Hopper, Homes is a fast-growing product that is at the beginning of its journey. This is an opportunity where you will have a massive impact on the definition and evolution of the business.
- Develop metrics and frameworks to measure our price competitiveness and behaviors across millions of users to steer the direction of the Hopper Homes business.
- Become an expert on pricing, user experiments, and industry data from both internal and external sources to synthesize analyses and build dashboards that identify and drive new growth opportunities.
- Deeply understand the dynamics behind pricing and bookings behind Homes to guide our host acquisition and price structuring efforts.
- Partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, Data Engineers and others across the team
- 2 to 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong background in relational databases and SQL
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required, both verbally and written.
- Ability to analyze and extract relevant information from large, complex data sets
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle ambiguity, and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- Experience in e-commerce or in the travel industry
- Experience using Amplitude, Tableau, Google BigQuery
- Exposure to scripting with Python
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!