The Hopper IT Operations team supports business operations by implementing and supporting modern infrastructure services and business applications. We continually strive to improve the enterprise infrastructure and business applications stack with innovation, digital transformation, and staying on top of the latest trends in technologies to improve business processes and operations. We ensure the services and solutions we offer and support are aligned with technical, security, and business initiatives.
The IT Operations Automation Developer is a technical solutions expert with strong analytical and communication skills that will be responsible for developing, facilitating, managing, and overseeing automation for Hopper IT. This includes, identifying opportunities for automation, developing new automated processes, and following best practices for development, test, and implementation. The automation engineer will partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders to design scalable solutions to improve and streamline existing processes.
About the Role
- Identify new opportunities for automation
- Design and develop integration and automation solutions
- Automate the complete employee identity and equipment lifecycle
- Participate in the deployment of IT solutions such as identity management, mobile device management and desktop virtualization
- Discover and demonstrate how automation can effectively assist stakeholders with their business automation needs
- Gather requirements and lead solution design processes jointly with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain clear and accurate documentation
- Prioritize and deliver an outstanding customer service experience to stakeholders
- Accelerate development for roadmap features to address specific customer requirements
- Improve internal processes and promote knowledge sharing within the team
- Coordinate with vendors and other internal technical teams when elevated support is needed
- Periodically assist in internal and external system audits and access reviews
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support and troubleshooting when required
- Provide support during off hours when required.
- Proven experience with SaaS integrations
- Proven work experience with Python programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in developing scripts to automate processes in bash, Python, Terraform, or PowerShell
- Experience with API Integrations
- Solid understanding of services and capabilities offered in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS service models including GCP, Okta and Google Workspace
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- A strong bias to impactful action, including an eagerness to automate
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter areas, assess operational maturity, establish KPI's and metrics and drive towards operational maturity
- Great communications and collaboration skills
- Keen sense of ownership: is detail oriented, motivated and organized
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!