The Finance team is looking for an International Payroll Specialist. This position requires knowledge of local/ international pay regulations and operational experience of processing monthly/semi-monthly payroll internationally with outsourced payroll vendors. The person should thrive working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. They should possess strong data accuracy, data analytics, good communication skills, vendor management, and the desire to continuously drive improvements and simplify processes. This person will report directly to the Head of Global Payroll and will partner closely with People Ops (HR), ICPs, and external vendors.
Minimum qualifications & skills
- 2+ years of experience working in International Payroll at least USA ADP workforce and one or more of these: Canada, Colombia, Mexico, UK, Spain, Bulgaria, France, Netherlands
- Good knowledge of international payroll income tax, social security, pension/benefits and payroll changing legislation Exceptional communication & collaboration skills, particularly with people who have different skillsets
- Ability to adjust rapidly to changing demands and prioritiesResults orientated, reliable and a ‘doer’
- Enjoy working with deadlines and under pressure
- A highly curious individual with a growth mindset
Preferred qualifications & skills
- Technology industry experience is an asset
- Prepare individual countries payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Partner closely with the People Ops team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are confirmed, included within agreed KPIs
- Ensure all leavers are compliant with local tax regulations and the time necessary exit filings are made with local tax authorities
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to keep the teams compliant and aware of the changes in local country-specific regulations
- Manage employee payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Partner collaboratively with People Ops and the wider finance team on monthly payroll
- Vendor Management: Partner closely with the head of global payroll and with vendors on local regulations around payroll, stocks, taxes, and social insurance
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- Partner on specific projects for process improvements and automation
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend An entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!