We’re looking for a talented Head of Brand Marketing to help make Hopper a household name in travel.
For reference, Hopper is the most downloaded travel booking app in North America. We did well over $1B in sales last year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $345M and in the past year have tripled our valuation to $3.5B while growing our revenues by 300%. Now we’re laying the groundwork for continued expansion by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Our mission is to make Hopper the best place to book travel, by providing the best prices, selection, trust and convenience across all of our travel products. To do that, we’ve built a suite of products that help our users to save money, including $10 discounts on your first booking, Price Prediction to know the best day to book, Price Drop Protection to get refunded if we get our prediction wrong, Price Freeze to lock in low prices even if you aren’t ready to book, and more. We also offer best-in-class flexibility products like Refundable Tickets and Flexible Date Tickets that allow users to save money even if their plans change.
Most of these products have been released in the last year, and we now have the challenge of driving their adoption at a significant scale. We’ve evolved from an app for flight price prediction to offering a wide set of value propositions and fintech products across flights, hotels, and car rentals (with more verticals upcoming), and we need our customers to understand all the ways Hopper can help them save money. As Head of Brand Marketing, you’ll build and lead a team to make sure that’s the case.
- Building and leading Hopper’s Brand Marketing team.
- Testing and solidifying Hopper’s brand messaging on our key products and value propositions.
- Leading the creative strategy on our brand marketing to help produce ads backed by millions of dollars in ad spend.
- Working closely with our Head of Marketing Analytics to determine KPIs for brand marketing and build the right measurement systems.
- Building and managing a network of external agencies, actors and freelancers to help scale creative production.
- Continually identifying new opportunities to build the Hopper brand across our target markets.
- Proven track record of 4+ years leading Brand Marketing at a notable consumer brand.
- Demonstrated experience in key brand marketing channels and ad buying.
- Strong knowledge of brand measurement frameworks and methodologies. Ability to guide a data science/engineering roadmap on building our brand measurement capabilities.
- Strong ability to come up with new brand positioning, copy and ad ideas for products and value propositions.
- No ego when it comes to ideas or design; strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company.
- Willingness to get hands-on and dive deep alongside the team.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment, and an ever-evolving product.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!