• 2+ years experience as a fraud analyst preferably in the B2C space
• Analytical skills and confident interpreter of data through analytical tools (Excel, Amplitude)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, to clearly present ideas, theories, and documented proposals to leadership and operations teams
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable working with fraud management systems
• A positive 'can do' attitude with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• Be a self starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious
• Ability to work effectively and autonomously in a remote environment
• Bilingual in English language
About the job
Hopper is growing rapidly and the fraud team is as well. You will be responsible for daily processing of individual cases by researching potential fraud and at the same time stepping back and helping to lead fraud prevention initiatives and strategies, driving key performance indicators such as chargeback rate and false positive rate.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of payments, including fraud prevention & chargebacks to help develop and drive strategies for the future. You’ll be able to assist in projects to implement new processes which can help to reduce fraud and chargeback exposure. Advise leader on fraud prevention related problems, programs, and concerns and make recommendations to improve operations, anti-fraud processes and system enhancements. Work with peers and leadership by communicating the fraud trends and sharing ideas and information.
- Review suspected transactions to minimize chargeback risk and maximize customer acceptance
- Effectively use all available tools, both internal and external platforms, to drive the best results
- Provide investigative support and guidance to other teams as required
- Proactively research and identify novel fraud threats and strategies for combating them
- Conduct analysis and drive insight from data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Employer paid medical and life insurance plans
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!