We’re looking for our future finance leaders; a great analytical mind with impeccable business judgment, who is really interested in understanding Hopper’s financial operations deeply and helping us shape a world-class Finance function. Reporting to the Head of Finance Operations and partnering with stakeholders across the organization, you will be responsible for performance reporting and ensuring the delivery of our financial data in a timely manner to empower decision-making. You will see the big picture and help establish priorities to achieve our strategy, but at the same time you need to be obsessed with details and capture the nuances behind the numbers. As part of your toolkit, you will implement process improvement and automation initiatives. You understand business and analytics deeply, have a grasp of accounting concepts and are willing to get into the details to master the operational and financial drivers involved. You are happy working with stakeholders and are capable of influencing them, with clear and concise messages. You are also competent in SQL (or eager to learn) and like playing with huge data sets, destiling insights and ways of thinking about the future.
- Own all of our revenues and cogs month-end financial reporting and be recognized as the expert for all things related to business performance
- Define, scope and implement process improvements and automation solutions to shorten and optimize our financial reporting close process
- Prepare internal reports for business leaders, supporting their decision-making
- Lead ad hoc projects; such as defining new Finance-managed services or other initiatives
- Develop and retain a team of top performers
- Not be afraid to learn or improve your SQL / Big Query to be able to access, manage and gain insights directly from data
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 5 + years of experience, with at least 2 of them in a similar FinOps role
- Has experience leading the month-end revenues and cogs close process
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong focus on value creation and automation
- Is keen to automate everything (with demonstrated bias towards building code over hiring low skilled talent)
- Experience in scoping technical requirements and/or lead system selections/implementations
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders
- Has led a team, understands how to recognize and retain top performing talent
- Expertise or desire to learn SQL and in general, using programming as a tool to scale and solve problems
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
Our Global Benefits:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Carrot Cash travel stipend
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!