After becoming the #1 most downloaded travel app in the US, Hopper is setting its sights on becoming #1 in Canada. We’re looking for a full-stack Growth leader to spearhead that growth across Product Growth, User Acquisition, Lifecycle, and other growth initiatives. Overall, you’ll be the primary person responsible for our market share growth in Canada. Whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying new channels, or building new business cases & models, your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
What you'll do
- Grow revenue - a market, and therefore its Growth Lead, is only as successful as its contribution to our business objectives.
- Set business strategy - uncover new areas of business opportunity, write business cases and narratives and execute against these opportunities.
Execute on campaigns across all growth channels, including:
- Product growth: ideate and work with our engineering team to implement flash sales, dynamic discounting, referral programs, and other product growth initiatives
- User Acquisition: efficiently deploy our performance marketing spend in Canada, and identify paths to scale
- Lifecycle marketing: re-engage our Canadian users through push notifications and email campaigns.
- Work with our supply and travel teams to identify and address gaps in our Canadian flight, hotel and car rental offerings.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps.
- Drive immediate impact for our growth in Canada, while laying the groundwork to grow us into the #1 travel company in the country.
What we look for
- A demonstrated track record of growing a consumer-facing company, preferably in Canada
- Deep experience with a variety of growth marketing channels and product growth strategies
- An ability to dive deep and execute hands-on, while also setting the strategy and vision for the long-term roadmapTechnical depth to enable productive collaboration with world-class engineers and data scientists
- An ability to operate on a full-stack level as needed, to ensure that you can go deep enough to understand the first principles of what makes us successful
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to untangle complex problems by diving deep into data in a methodical manner
- SQL experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Strong bias for action
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!