We are looking for an experienced Contact Center Engineer to join the CS Systems team responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of contact center platforms.
The Contact Center Engineer is vital in ensuring that Hopper’s customer service tools are optimized from a process, maintenance, and operational perspective to guarantee that the needs of Hopper’s service delivery teams and our fast-paced business context are met.
We’re looking for a technically savvy and detail-oriented individual to join our team. Their mission will be to own and manage all aspects associated with the maintenance and continuous improvement of the customer service technology stack comprising over 50 different platforms and partner portals. They will build strong partnerships with different teams across the organization in order to contextualize and support customer service delivery groups in their mission to provide excellent service to Hopper users across all verticals.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Monitor, review and consistently optimize processes and platform settings, which includes systems integrations and in-house automation.
- Participate in the design of new solutions and the selection of new platforms or technologies
- Work closely with software vendors to report issues, raise feature requests, and influence product roadmap
- Resolve challenging and potentially high impacting technical situations with a high level of tact and understanding
- Assist in the maintenance of documentation related to tool settings, troubleshooting steps, and escalation points for all platforms in order to institutionalize operational knowledge.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for escalations across the contact center technology stack. This includes investigation, efficient reporting, and constant communication with stakeholders to provide visibility on causes, impact, solutions, and estimated resolution times.
- Optimize customer service workflows based on new Hopper products/initiatives and available tools.
- QA new integrations and automation thoroughly and proactively in order to prevent mistakes and avoid problems during and after feature/systems roll out.
- Keep informed on internal and external changes that impact users and agents on a regular basis, to ensure that automation is optimal and up-to-date.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- 5 years experience in Contact Center technical role
- A deep understanding of contact center operations and technologies including SaaS architectures, CRM applications, IP telephony, and API integrations.
- Working knowledge of voice technologies and architectures (IVR, CTI, SIP/RTP).
- Experience building integrations with REST APIs and low-code platforms like Zapier or Integromat.
- Excellent attention to detail and interest to dive deep, along with the ability to define and implement new automation and processes across platforms and teams.
- The ability to independently and quickly resolve issues, frequently crossing multiple system boundaries.
- A clear focus on the customer’s needs and providing solutions to their problems, understanding when a simple solution is preferred, and when a more complex approach is appropriate.
- Strong familiarity with root cause analysis processes, accompanied by excellent problem-solving skills to suggest and/or deploy solutions.
- A drive to collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to improve existing processes by identifying technology/process gaps and ensuring appropriate documentation and maintenance for all tasks within their area of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills and a people-centric approach to their work.
- Have previous remote work experience and appropriate remote work set-ups - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a backup location.
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!