Customer advocacy is at the heart of Hopper. We believe that every interaction before, during, and after buying with Hopper should earn the customer’s trust and loyalty. We focus every company decision first on what’s best for our customers.
Customer service is an important driver of core business metrics, in particular retention and lifetime customer value. We measure the effectiveness of our work through this lens. We generate long-term revenue by providing services that customers value, and we will not charge fees or markups for support services that aren’t also available through a free self-serve feature.
The Service Manager is vital in ensuring that we have the best possible support for Hopper’s customers and that the day-to-day operations of the team providing this support is advocated for and at peak performance.
As a Service Manager, you are responsible for helping Hopper’s Support Team be more productive, work more effectively, and deliver better service to our customers. The primary job of the role is to create an environment for the support team in which they can do their best work and not be distracted or delayed by problems with tooling and processes. Collaboration is also a core component of this role so you will work closely with our operations, training, and quality teams to ensure that the pain points our customers experience during their travel journeys, and how our products help or fall short of solving those pain points, are addressed and accounted for.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Outsourced Service Providers to ensure the alignment of operational procedures and organizational goals
- Provide analytical insights for process improvement, and identify opportunities related to training needs and gap analysis
- Responsible for developing and implementing the most appropriate course of action to meet customer needs while adhering to regulatory requirements
- Recommend, develop and maintain internal policies and procedures for common customer related travel scenarios
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
A perfect candidate has:
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer service operational leadership role, preferably in Travel. Experience managing distributed teams and Outsourced Service Providers is crucial
- At least five years of experience leading front-line teams to meet operational goals and targets
- At least five years of relevant experience working with Sabre
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and quick turn time while maintaining a high quality of work
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively in order to continually develop a better customer experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to react to suit support operations requirements; must be able to organize time effectively and prioritize tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!