About the job
Hopper Homes is looking for an Account Manager to join us to cover the US market. This team member will manage the existing portfolio of property managers in North America, be their main point of contact, and focus on increasing the booking ratio and profitability.
You are a commercial-oriented professional who is used to handling a wide range of accounts and building long-term and loyal relationships.
This role will promote and develop a high level of engagement with Property Managers. You will work collaboratively with partners to achieve success in their partnership with Hopper, while ensuring they have a best-in-class experience with our brand. Your primary focus is to improve the productivity and results from participating in Hopper’s marketplace by growing net booking value from the partner’s listings. You will continuously work to maximize the listing potential in the Hopper Homes marketplace by utilizing and sharing unique data insights, trends, marketing materials, product developments, distribution, and revenue management tools with Partners.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer success or account management
- Communication: You can adapt your communication style and manage difficult conversations and diffuse conflict
- Relationship Management: you understand partners and customize engagement approaches; you are able to diffuse difficult, high-pressure, or contentious situations quickly; willing and able to have direct and frank conversations with partners;
- Partner Advocacy: you demonstrate a “partner-first” attitude and create “win-win” situations that bring value for both Hopper and our Partners; you are biased towards action by actively engaging and following up with stakeholders until issues are resolved; you represent partner perspectives at Hopper
- Planning and Quality Delivery: you prioritize and manage tasks with minimal assistance and direction; you meet all team commitments and goals and demonstrate willingness and capability to take on additional tasks
- Data-Driven Business Acumen: you use software, data, and tools to conduct analysis and derive insights; you translate data and insights into actionable improvements or growth opportunities and customize analysis and explanation of insights for each partner
- Expertise Development: you build and maintain expertise in Hopper’s product offerings & the vacation rental market
- Continuous Improvement and Agility: you are willing to learn and adopt agile principles; you look for improvement and feedback; you embrace changes and maintain work effectiveness even with changes in tasks and priorities
- Internal Collaboration: you work well with cross-functional teams
- VR / STR experience, preferably OTA-side
- Sales oriented! You love to sell new solutions and services. Up-selling and cross-selling is a nice challenge for you.
- Negotiation skills. You have the ability to understand the needs of the property managers, improving and increasing the existing contracts and services, and the resources to deal with their objections.
- Business-oriented. Good understanding of the current and future business goals.
- Proactive. You will be responsible for the client's relationship, using your skills to improve performance.
- Communicate daily with a portfolio of property managers and act as their primary point of contact
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives) set in tandem with leadership
- Establish performance goals in conjunction with PM partners, develop an action plan, secure commitment, drive achievement to goals
- Provide relevant data insights and superior consulting services to partners (revenue management advice, define marketplace opportunities and define best practices);
- Analyze and prioritize your pipeline, outbound activity, and continuously find ways to optimize your portfolio management strategy
- Manage listing retention and drive Partner participation expansion within high demand and compression periods to satisfy travellers’ pressing needs
- Establish credibility and relevance with partners by delivering trends, data, and market insights in an easy-to-understand manner to inform Partner recommendations
- Drive content, rate, availability accuracy, and competitiveness to maximize booking conversion
- Support property manager partner retention efforts through smooth onboarding of Vacation Rental Property Management partners
- Keep abreast of key demand/supply indicators, economic data, trends and competitive information within the designated strategic market of your customers at local, national and global levels.
- Gather feedback from partners regarding product enhancements and processes to drive Partner efficiencies and increase revenue; Communicate feedback internally to help drive continuous improvement
- Create and deliver presentations to Partners and Peers
- Represent Hopper in local markets, trade shows, and industry events to build the company’s company profile with Partners
- Attend industry events and provide insights in face-to-face forums based on business needs
- Provide ongoing input to Senior Management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or RRSP (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!