About the job
As a Technical Program Manager - Individual Host Acquisition, you’ll have the opportunity to build the infrastructure to enable Hopper to acquire inventory globally. Our goal is to guarantee that millions of Hopper customers will get the best selection of vacation rentals at the best price, and you will be building the machine to identify, acquire and onboard unique and highly relevant inventory to achieve this goal.
You will partner with Business Development, Product, Engineering and Operations to build products to enable Hopper to acquire, onboard and retain the best Hosts globally.
This is a unique opportunity to build an essential piece of Hopper Homes’s Supply machine from the ground up. Your work will be central to Hopper Homes’ strategy in the years to come.
- Own a Program lane within Homes — this role is specific for Individual Hosts, from inception through implementation
- Leveraging third-party data providers, identify the most relevant hosts to target, based on customer preferences
- Execute top-of-funnel activities for Hosts to engage with Hopper’s value proposition and sign up to become partners (email campaigns, other marketing tactics, outbound sales, etc);
- Work with the Business Development team to generate a pipeline and strategy to acquire relevant qualified leads
- Use knowledge and experience with Salesforce and data providers to build a best-in-class automated workflow to maximize Business Development output
- Work with our Onboarding and Account Management teams to build a fast and flawless onboarding experience, and make it entirely humanless in the near future
- Interface with our Account Management team, and hosts directly to Identify and build solutions for hosts to manage their rates, availabilities and listing content on our platform, and maximize their performance on Hopper
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to our commercial teams to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with both internal and external partners
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- 3+ years of experience in a Product / Program Management / Operations role
- Experience collaborating with Commercial, Product, Engineering and other technical teams; technical depth to effectively lead conversations with engineers and product managers
- A track record of building innovative solutions to real-world user problems, aligned with the business needs of a rapidly scaling organisation
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building Programs from start to finish while leading and driving cadence with a high-performance team
- Experience in rapidly hiring, managing, training and scaling local vendors and contractors to meet business needs
- A bias for action and launching “scrappy” solutions quickly to get feedback from real users as early as possible
- Excellent communication skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- Passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer-centric travel marketplace on Earth
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience in Vacation Rentals, with a focus on individual hosts
- Experience designing and building products to drive high-volume acquisition and onboarding within fast-growing marketplaces
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!