About the job
As a Program Manager, API Integrations and Onboarding on the Homes team, you’ll have the opportunity to build the connectivity infrastructure to enable our supply expansion. Our goal is to guarantee that customers will get the best selection of vacation rentals when booking through Hopper, while also ensuring a best-in-class user experience, and you will be responsible for the first and most critical step to get there.
As Program Manager, API Integrations and Onboarding, you will own API Integrations with Channel Managers and Property Management Softwares, from the evaluation phase all the way through execution and maintenance;
Our end goal is to offer connectivity to any Professional Property Manager in the US by the end of the year and to minimize the time to revenue by ensuring signed partners will go live on Hopper asap. You will be partnering with the engineering team to execute an API integration process, and working with other stakeholders to increase the speed and effectiveness of our processes - your contribution will be critical to Hopper Homes's current and future success.
- Own a Program lane within Homes — this role is specific for Supply & Connectivity, from inception through implementation
- Own new connectivity integrations and integrations improvement and maintenance by working closely with our engineering team
- Onboard new connectivity providers and offer them technical support to guarantee maximum performance of the new integrations
- Act as a central interface between our business development and tech teams, ensuring internal alignment on all aspects of our partner integration
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with both internal and external partners
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- 4+ years of experience in a Program Management / Technical Account Management role
- Experience dealing with API documentation and knowledge of how APIs work
- Experience collaborating with and managing timelines with 3rd party dependencies
- Technical depth to effectively lead conversations with engineers and product managers
- A track record of building innovative solutions to real-world user problems, aligned with the business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building Programs from start to finish while leading and driving cadence with a high-performance team
- A bias for action and launching “scrappy” solutions quickly to get feedback from real users as early as possible
- Excellent communication skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- Passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer-centric travel marketplace on Earth
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience in vacation rental software preferred
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!