• A proven track record of hiring capable engineers and other employees at a steady cadence for a growing technology company
• Experience managing the full-cycle of recruiting and hiring
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse or Lever preferred) and talent sourcing platforms
• Excellent English language skills both in written and verbal communication
• A sense of urgency to achieve hiring goals within deadlines and without sacrificing candidate quality.
• Ability to communicate effectively and effortlessly with candidates and internal stakeholders of all career levels.
• Passion to work very hands on in a collaborative, high-tech, fast-paced environment
• Interest in the travel industry and is excited about Hopper’s mission
About the Job
We are excited to welcome a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our Growth team. You’ll hit the ground running to build out our technical ranks from engineering to data science, owning the full life-cycle process and top of funnel while adding your own personal touch on why candidates should be excited to work at Hopper. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s appeal and frame our benefits to potential candidates.
Our team is focused on accelerating Hopper’s user growth, which until now has been primarily through high-volume paid advertising. Now, we’re looking to build new products in our app that will help us activate, retain and acquire new users at scale. We’ll be testing a wide range of new ideas, from redesigning the onboarding, to building gamification, flash sales, team buying, and experimental features like live streaming into the app.
Overall, our goal is to pair Hopper’s world-class travel marketplace with the growth and retention mechanisms inspired by mobile games, super-apps, and category-leading retailers.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment and be a part of a great and talented team. You’ll be responsible for defining and executing the recruitment strategy for a variety of prioritized technical roles. With the projects and initiatives ahead, the role demands smart, hardworking, and passionate folks to hop on board to source and close qualified technical candidates.
Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Hopper managed to have triple digit year-over-year revenue growth in 2020. In fact, Hopper is recovering faster than the sector at large and that is driven in large part by the performance of our unique fintech products which offer travelers an unparalleled level of flexibility and control.
- Utilize your sales skills to entice high potential candidates to seek a career at Hopper and shepherd them through our hiring process
- Manage a candidate pipeline from lead generation to accepted offer, coordinating closely with hiring managers and both technical and business unit leaders
- Build and modify the hiring process for each role to deliver a great experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Effectively utilize our hiring systems and tools (currently LinkedIn and Lever) to manage the hiring process efficiently for large numbers of candidates
- Achieve hiring targets and earn commission upon each successful hire
- Help build the Hopper brand by attending (and proposing new) conferences, meet-ups and events.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions and competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Travel stipend
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!