About the Team
Join a pioneer regional team in a globally established company that is continually redefining how people travel. Our APAC team was set up since mid-2021 as part of Hopper's international expansion plans and we are looking for talented and motivated candidates to join us to be part of strategising and executing our ambitious plans.
The APAC team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers with diversified sources of travel inventory (Air, Hotel, Ground transportation) so that we can always offer the best possible deal. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for representing the Asia-Pacific travel customer by scaling and improving our feature set and operations.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best travel deals for our customers. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry - you’ll be responsible for making that a reality.
- Work with your teammates to improve their working knowledge of AWS, GCP and related cloud operations
- Set code and performance standards through code reviews and participating in discussions
- Build innovative user experiences, own vendor integration microservices
- Execute what you build - DevOps mindset
- Evolve and maintain our microservices architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems
- Deliver your first code in days, iterating over the product in an agile way
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth
Preferred Professional Experiences
- 6+ years professional software engineering experience, with proven ability working in cross-functional teams (product managers, data scientists, mobile developers, and other specialists)
- Professional programming experience with Scala
- Strong CS knowledge, expertise building complex distributed services on large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations
- Professional experience developing data heavy platforms or APIs
- Proven experience building and managing backend systems, delivering user experiences at scale
You will be a great fit if you have
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to investigate and answer complex questions based on data
Benefits that Hopper provides
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impactCompensation for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance costs
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!