About the job
As a Senior Product Manager on the Homes team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a greenfield product within Hopper’s $2B+ travel ecosystem. Our goal is to guarantee that customers will get the best price and/or flexibility on a vacation rental when booking through Hopper, while ensuring a best-in-class customer experience.
This Product Manager will be responsible for creating a best-in-class customer experience for our customers by coming up with creative solutions to surprise and delight customers through automated support flows, VIP service offerings, etc. You’ll have a huge impact on the Homes business because our ability to seamlessly help our customers when their travel is disrupted or their plans change is critical to our success.
Senior Product Managers at Hopper are “smart creatives” who obsess over the customer and make decisions rooted in data. As a Senior Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of software development, data science, and user experience to solve real customer problems and create unique value. You will need to dive deep into the data and develop an understanding of the competitive travel landscape as the basis for new product features. On any given day — whether you’re surveying customers to better understand their needs, partnering with engineering to scope a feature down to the MVP, or combing through data for new insights — your contribution will be critical to Hopper’s current and future success.
- Lead, create and launch product offerings in the Homes category to deliver the best customer experience through automation of customer support requests like cancellations, refunds, date changes, etc.
- Own a product lane within Homes (this role is specific for Customer Experience/CX) from inception through implementation — gather requirements, define KPIs, prepare return-on-investment analysis with short- and long-term revenue projections, partner with designers to create best-in-class user experiences, and establish delivery timelines and prioritization with engineering
- Determine path to launch MVPs, outline hypotheses to validate the business case, get user data and feedback faster, limiting cost and downside risk before making larger time and resource investments
- Own the product outcomes and track the impact to North Star Objectives in the P&L
- Drive A/B Testing and experimentation of new features, owning analysis of impact
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role, ideally focused on customer tools and driving strong customer experience
- Passion for Hopper’s mission to build the most customer centric travel marketplace on Earth
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering delightful consumer support and automation products at scale that drive large swings in key metrics (such as retention, service SLAs etc.)
- A track record of building innovative solutions to real-world user problems, aligned with the business needs of a rapidly scaling organization
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, evaluating, and building products from start to finish while leading and driving cadence with a high-performance team
- A bias for action and launching “scrappy” solutions quickly to get feedback from real users as early as possible
- Highly proficient analytics skills and SQL knowledge to self-serve data questions and draw accurate conclusions to adjust strategy accordingly
- Technical depth to effectively lead conversations with engineers and data scientists
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems and data structures — must have experience building products that rely on technically complex APIs
- Excellent communication skills to construct compelling business cases both in-person and in-writing
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!