The Corporate Travel team is a new team within Hopper that is making Hopper’s consumer booking experience available to corporate travelers with corporate controls. Corporate travel is a huge segment of the travel industry and has seen limited innovation. As Hopper expands beyond a consumer travel app, we are reimagining how travel can be purchased for a new group of users. Enabling these customer objectives through delightful, elegant design is critical to our success. We’re building this platform from the ground up and are looking for a Product Designer to join the team.
Your role as a Product Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s Corporate platform that are useful & delightful. You'll become a foundational member of a new Corporate Travel team whose goal is to build elegant, user-centric product solutions to help corporate travelers book travel. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user. You’ll relentlessly pursue ways to make corporate traveling better. You'll work closely with other Designers, Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers to find the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
- Design and prototype simple and elegant experiences
- Own all stages of the design process from concept through launch
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Work closely with our Corporate partners to understand expectations and needs
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Test multivariate solutions to iterate to the right design as evidenced by data
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts to prioritize and build new features
- Regularly give and receive feedback with other Designers to ensure quality, consistency, and collaboration
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgment to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience designing modern products
- History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
- Proven track record of designing completely new experiences and end-to-end features
- Experience shipping mobile and desktop products in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- No ego when it comes to product or design; strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!