We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the SuperApp Deal Drops Team to own the Deal Drops day-to-day operations and lead delivery of design for new features.
For context, Hopper is the most downloaded travel booking app in North America, with over 70M installs to date. We're going to do over $1B in sales this year and weathered COVID with triple-digit revenue growth thanks to our proprietary suite of data-driven fintech products.
Our team is focused on accelerating Hopper’s user growth, which until now has been primarily through high-volume paid advertising. Now, we’re looking to build new products in our app that will help us activate, acquire, retain, and convert new users at scale.
Overall, our goal is to pair Hopper’s world-class travel marketplace with the growth and retention mechanisms inspired by mobile games, super-apps, and category-leading retailers.
- 3+ years experience as a product manager, especially in categories like super-apps, e-commerce, mobile gaming, or worked on merchandising in other sectors
- A track record of designing and launching innovative merchandising strategy that drove business growth
- A track record of using a data-driven approach to product development, using MVP and A/B testing techniques to iterate new ideas quickly
- Experience in using data tools (Tableau, Looker, Amplitude etc.) and building dashboards
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers
- Strong creative skills that go beyond iterative or obvious improvements to test experimental product features
- Obsessive focus on the details in planning, implementing, evaluating, and building products
- Build new products around live promotions, rewards and gamification to help activate, retain and convert users
- Manage a Product Growth roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation and analysis: collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, craft the user experience, drive execution, and report on the impact
- Formulate new product ideas, write Product Requirement Documents, and work with the engineers and designers to crystalize the vision
- Set up A/B testing to experiment with different offerings and tunings to optimize ROI
- Track sales data and user behavior to ensure that the events are contributing positively to both KPIs and user value proposition
- Work with a dedicated engineering squad to test and launch new products at a rapid cadence
- Partner with design to ideate and wireframe new features that will be in the hands of millions of users across the globe
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 annual Carrot Cash stipend
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
MORE ABOUT HOPPER
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!