• 2+ years of post college experience doing UX design for web and/or mobile applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, User Interaction, HCI or Immersive UX Design Certificate
• Portfolio that demonstrates strong skills in visual design, interactive design, and prototyping
• An up-to-date understanding of mobile design best practices, design standards, and trends
• High level of proficiency in Figma, general prototyping tools, and a general knowledge of user testing tools
• Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation and can understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
• No ego when it comes to product or design; strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
- The ability to independently flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
About the team
The Media Solutions team is a new, small cross-functional business unit within Hopper that is building, testing, and growing a new suite of media placements on the Hopper app. Our goal is to be a material contributor to Hopper’s financial growth and provide innovative, valuable solutions to media buyers.
About the job
We are seeking a Product Designer to design media placements such as ad tiles and mobile landing pages that are both functional and delightful. You will deliver results-oriented solutions and passionately act as the voice of the customer by soliciting direct feedback through surveys, user studies, and usability testing. In this role you will work closely with a product manager, business development manager, and team of software engineers to define the boundaries of design problems, seeing them from multiple perspectives and advocating for simple and impactful solutions.
- Own all aspects of UX/UI design for the Media Solutions team including ideation, research, prototyping, usability tests, and visual design
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Seek out, understand, share and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process leveraging surveys, user testing and user data
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Sales Managers to prioritize and build new features
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgment to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions and competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- $200 Carrot Cash annual travel stipend (available in most countries)
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com
, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!